- You must have enabled iRODS account.
1. Open the following URL in your web browser: https://idrop.cc.dtu.dk/idrop-web2/login/login
2. Enter your user name and password and click the “Login” button.
3. In the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen, click the “Browse” button.
The “Info” view of file details.
- In the directory panel on the left-hand side of the screen, click the small triangle to the left of “dcc” to show the full contents. To navigate to your home directory, which will be /dcc/home/username, click the triangle to the left of “home”, or to navigate to your project directory, click next to “projects”. Clicking the same triangle again will collapse the list back up into the parent directory. You may also have access to other user’s directories or files if they have granted you permissions to read or write data for collaboration purposes – in that case, your collaborator will need to give you the appropriate folder location in the hierarchy and you may use the same navigation mechanisms to access that location.
- To view the details of a directory, or to see metadata and other information related to a file, click on the file or directory in the left-hand pane and then click the “Info” button at the top of the frame. Click the “browse” button, or click on the name of a directory, to switch back to a listing of directory contents.
- To download a file, you may choose to either directly download it in the web browser or to add it to a “Cart” or list of files to download later. The simplest way to download a file is simply to click on the file name, or the “Download” button, in the “Info” view; your web browser will then produce a standard file download dialog box from which you can select the destination folder. For individual files and small files, simple download through the web browser is sufficient. However, if you need to download a large number of files, or a large amount of total data, the shopping cart/Applet download mechanism will be faster and more reliable.
The “Browse” view of files in a directory.
4. To upload a file, navigate to the location you would like to place the file, and switch to the “Info” view. Then click the “Upload” button; a dialog box will appear allowing you to select the file you wish to upload. To upload a large number of files or directories, you may also use the Bulk Upload functionality by pressing the “Bulk Upload” button immediately to the right of the “Upload” button. The bulk upload functionality requires that you have Java installed and enabled in your browser.
Click the “Browse…” button to select a file on your machine for uploading
5. When you are done uploading and downloading files, click the “Account” button at the top of the page, then click the “Logout” option. This will ensure that you are logged out and will be required to log in again before accessing data on DCC iRODS.
Tickets (sharing data)
You can share your files and folders with other iRODS users or even with external collaborators who hasn’t iRODS account.
1. Select a file and click on “Tickets” tab
2. Click on “Create” button and create new tickets.
3. The system will generate an URL for anonymous access to a file
Remember: tickets support anonymous access – everybody can download a file using a ticket.
- Please do not use tickets for sensitive data and always use “Expire time” option.
- Always delete old tickets after data sharing.